This blog is an off-page SEO tutorial for beginners. It highlights the importance of off-page techniques for SEO. It refers to techniques used by website owners to improve a website position in search engines. Off-page is only associated with link building. But it also refers to many other techniques.
Article Submission is one of the off-page SEO techniques. It means writing articles about your online business. Then, submitting them to popular directories like GoArticles and Ezine.
Blog commenting helps in achieving backlinks for your website and increase organic traffic.
Press release submission is another off-page SEO technique. It is used to boost inbound traffic of potential customers on a specific website by sharing newsworthy content with interested parties.
Directory Submission is a process where you list your website URL in different directories. Regular directory submissions help you to get higher page rank.
Social bookmarking allows users to bookmark your web pages on these sites. It helps to get more traffic and increase page ranking in search engine.
Search Engine Optimization is the need of every online or digital business these days. There are two main techniques of SEO i.e. On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO. But in this article, we will discuss what off-page SEO is and its related techniques.
What is off-page SEO?
Off-page SEO refers to techniques that website owners use to improve a website position in search engine results. Off-page is usually associated with link building. But off-page SEO also refers to many other techniques.
In the following lines, we will describe all techniques in details related to off-page SEO.
Off-Page SEO Techniques:
It is one of the most important off-page SEO techniques. It refers to writing articles about your online business. The articles are then submitted to popular article submission directories like Ezine and GoArticles.
- The most important purpose of article submission is to attract a big number of links and audience to your website. You do not have to pay any extra cost.
- It can also improve your website ranking in search engines after increasing backlinks quantity.
So, you should make sure that your content is relevant to your website as it helps build customer trust. Moreover, always try to include relevant keywords with appropriate density in your content to avoid fluff.
Generally, blog commenting is termed as a connection between readers and bloggers. It is the easiest way to express your thoughts, and opinions about a specific subject or topic. Visitors and readers may leave a comment on your post. It can be a question, an appreciation note or a critical analysis of your blog post.
Blog commenting plays a significant role to make your blog interactive. It helps to achieve backlinks for your website. At the same time, it helps to increase traffic for your blog. Effective blog commenting is the chief ingredient for the growth of backlinks graph.
- Commenting creates a strong relationship between the blogger and readers. Bloggers, who want to do commenting for SEO, use it to get backlinks.
- Some bloggers use it to increase Alexa ranking.
- Moreover, blog commenting shows that your content is being noticed by people and they are reading it.
Press Release Submission:
Press release submission in media is an off page SEO technique. It helps to boost inbound traffic of potential customers on a specific website.
In a comprehensive press release, right density and targeted keywords have a key importance.
- Press releases help to draw the attention of potential customers and investors towards your website.
- Most importantly it helps to achieve high authority backlinks when you submit a press release on various media.
- It builds people’s trust when they Google and finds your news in search engines. Your website mentioned in high-quality publications boosts their trust.
- The press release can get you instant results which make it an effective backlinking strategy.
It is another important off-page SEO technique. It is a process where you list your website URL in different databases and directories. You must list your site under most appropriate category to get the most advantage.
Directory submission has a lot of advantages:
- Blog directories show your website for every related search query in their database. This helps your website to go beyond your specific demographics. As a result, you get massive exposure to a new audience.
- As some directories give ‘Do Follow’ backlinks, it can help increase your ranking in SERPs.
- Regular directory submissions help you to get higher page rank. As you get on top, you will get more traffic from Google. Your website authority will increase due to this link building.
It is an important off-page technique to get more backlinks and traffic to your website. It is a process of submitting your web pages and blogs to most popular social bookmarking sites. These sites perform better in search engines as they update their content regularly.
Social bookmarking allows users to bookmark your web pages on these sites. They can read those pages whenever they like if they have an internet connection.
The web pages bookmarked on social bookmarking sites are of great value for a search engine. It is considered a quality backlink. So, quality backlinks help you get more traffic to blog and increase page rank in search engine.
- Avoid automatic bookmarking. It may be considered spam and your website can be banned.
Guest Posting is another yet vital off-page SEO technique for getting backlinks. It is a process of contributing your blog posts to another person’s blog so that your website can get backlinks.
- It helps you to get authoritative backlinks thus, fortifies your backlink profile.
- Guest posting gives you good ranking in search engines.
- It also helps your website to get exposure from a different yet relevant audience.
This off-page SEO Tutorial helps beginners to understand all off page techniques. These techniques are very important for back linking and increasing website traffic.